Stockland is proud to announce the launch of its online Sustainability Reporting for the year ended 30 June 2016, supporting the 2016 Annual Review.
We are also extremely proud that we were recently named the Global Real Estate Sector Leader for the second consecutive year in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index as well as the Regional and Global Sector Leader for the Office/Retail category in the GRESB (Global Real Estate Sector Benchmark) survey. These accolades are an incredible acknowledgement of our commitment and achievements in sustainability over many years.
You can read more in our online Sustainability Reporting. Our Sustainability Reporting also forms part of our Annual Review 2016, our fifth integrated report providing an overview of our strategy and financial, social and environmental performance.
Some of the highlights we report on include:
- Australia’s first Green Star retail portfolio rating – we achieved a Green Star – Performance portfolio rating for 22 of our retail centres around Australia, underlining the increasing efficiency of our Retail operations, where we have reduced electricity usage by 30% per sqm since FY06, saving $30 million.
- Supporting enduring employment in the NSW Hunter Valley – the Stockland Connectivity Centre at the $372 million Green Hills shopping centre redevelopment in NSW is a whole-of-community response, helping to connect unemployed young people to jobs and skills training in construction, retail and hospitality.
- $4.05 million investment in community development initiatives – through our expanded suite of 15 community partners nationally, we implemented more than 560 community development initiatives to boost health and wellbeing, education and connectedness.
- New social infrastructure in our communities and retail centres – we delivered four inclusive playspaces and four social enterprise cafés within our communities and retail centres in partnership with Touched by Olivia Foundation.
- Recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality – for the second year in a row, we received this citation from Australia’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Pioneering solar air conditioning technology – in partnership with the CSIRO, we recently unveiled a new solar-powered air conditioning system at Stockland Wendouree in Victoria that aims to change the way energy is used on a commercial scale.
- Flexible work options for our employees – our company-wide Flexibility@Stockland program is available to our 1,500 employees and 61% of employees have now taken up some form of flexible work arrangement.
- Exceeding our targets for waste diversion from landfill – we have improved our waste management across our business, with a significant amount of waste from residential and retirement living developments and retail operations diverted from landfill.
Comments and feedback
We welcome your comments and feedback on both our online Sustainability Reporting and our Annual Review 2016 so please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Twitter account: @Stockland.