9 steps to buying a new home in a lifestyle community
- Do your research on whether a lifestyle community is right for you and then which community suits you best.
- Visit and tour the community you’re interested in. Organise to meet with a lifestyle specialist and ask plenty of questions about the location, homeowners, pet policy, fees and facilities offered.
- Select the house type you would like to purchase. One that suits your lifestyle and budget.
- Sign a reservation and pay a $1,000 refundable initial deposit of the purchase price to secure your site for up to 10 business days while contracts are prepared.
- Sign a Home Purchase Agreement based on whether you need to sell your existing home or not (i.e. conditional or unconditional status).
- Meet with our housing specialist team for a detailed review of home plans, colour selections, and customisation options. This is an important step where you review finishes and other preferences to personalise your home.
- After finalising your home, you will be introduced to the community and meet your neighbours. Living in a lifestyle community is a great way to make new connections and form relationships. The community manager arranges a number of future homeowner functions for you to attend.
- On settlement, it’s just like buying a new home in the suburbs, only easier. You don’t pay stamp duty because there’s no land component in the purchase.
- Once settled, you complete a Site Agreement with our community team along with a new home presentation, so you are all ready to move in and enjoy your new life.
Advantages of buying a new home
- There’s more flexibility to personalise your new home and select your finishes. We have a wide range of floorplans and facades to choose from to match your personal style and living preferences so you can build your dream home.
- You have more time to sell your existing home and prepare for the move.
- In our experience, increased capital gains can be enjoyed by those who buy early or off the plan. This is because Stockland Halcyon Communities offer more than just a home, but a resort-quality lifestyle.
- Buying early offers more options for where you want your new home to be located in a new community.