It’s important to stay up-to-date with the facts on COVID-19 across Australia as more people head back to work. We’ve listed some of the most credible and regularly updated sources for information about the evolving COVID-19 situation, current government advice and where to seek help.
1. The Australian Government website - https://www.australia.gov.au/
This is the official government website which is regularly updated with the latest coronavirus news and advice from government agencies across Australia.
2. National coronavirus helpline - 1800 020 080
Ring this free helpline for information and advice on COVID-19 or for help with the COVIDSafe app. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
3. Department of Health - https://www.health.gov.au
Find the latest news, key facts and figure, contacts and phone numbers, and answers to your questions about COVID-19.
4. Government advice in different languages - https://covid19inlanguage.homeaffairs.gov.au/
The latest information in 64 different languages.
5. Government support for small and medium sized businesses - www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business
This website offers business support and advice including tax-free payments to support businesses with cash flow during this difficult time. We encourage you to regularly check the website for news on available support through Federal and State government funding initiatives.
6. State and Territory Government information – Head to your local state government’s website for the latest response to the coronavirus pandemic.
7. COVID-19 Mythbusting - https://www.australia.gov.au/covid-19-mythbusting
Don't be fooled by the misinformation about cures and treatments for COVID-19 circulating on social media. This website explodes some of those myths around COVID-19.
9. Safe Work Australia -
Find industry specific information on keeping COVIDsafe in the workplace.
10. COVIDSafe app - https://www.covidsafe.gov.au
Find out more about the COVIDSafe app, which will play an important role in tracing COVID-19 cases as more offices, services and activities open. We encourage you to consider downloading the COVIDSafe app. Test, Trace and Rapid Response are key measures to help maintain suppression of the virus and flatten the curve, which is vital to sustained trading.