Keep the kids entertained and active in Aura this school holidays
It’s almost that time again! Are you in need of ideas to keep your kids entertained and active this September school holidays? We’ve got you covered with our top picks to excite the kids, so they can have heaps of fun and it doesn’t break the bank either.
There’s plenty of fun in Aura this school holidays!
Here are our top picks for some serious fun in Aura:
1. Get the jump on summer and make sure your kids are water safety ready. Boost your child’s swimming skills with the intensive swimming program offered by John Wallace Swim School at Baringa this September school holidays.
2. Now that winter is behind us and the weather is warming up, it’s time to make the most of the sunshine and explore the amazing network of parks and cycleways in Aura. With over 700 hectares of conservation areas and open space reserves, a 10-hectare recreational park and more than 200km of planned pedestrian pathways and bikeways, there’s plenty of room for everyone. Make sure you download the Aura parks and playgrounds map on the Stockland Aura website and start planning your adventure.
There’s plenty of parks and playgrounds to explore in Aura.
3. Did you know that every Saturday at 7am, Baringa parkrun offers a free, fun and friendly 5 kilometre community event? You can walk, run, volunteer or simply spectate and cheer on your fellow Aura neighbours.
4. Check out Gymfinity Athletics & Arts, located in the Aura Business Park. They offer a range of exciting gymnastics, acrobatics, tumbling and ninja warrior classes for kids of all ages, so the kids can’t ever say they are bored!
5. Get the kids in the kitchen for a “mini Masterchef” challenge at home. Check out the great recipe ideas on the Stockland Baringa website and make sure that you head to the shops and pick up your supplies there too.
6. Do you fancy yourself a green thumb? Why not have some fun in the garden and teach the kids some planting and gardening skills. The team at Mitre 10 in the Aura Business Park can help with all of your gardening supplies.
7. If you have kids aged 6-12 who are inspired by the recent Matilda’s success on the soccer field, then check out the holiday soccer camp at Baringa Football Club from September 25 – 29. It’s a great opportunity for the kids to learn new skills and to make some great new friends too.
8. Head down to the Baringa Community Centre to celebrate springtime and connect, share and learn from other cultures with a free music workshop and play area for the kids at The Welcome Table event on September 29.
9. Treat the kids with a meal out at the Baringa Tavern. And the best part, on Sundays from 5:30pm kids eat FREE, with the purchase of any main meal! The kids will love the kids room located onsite featuring Playstations, a large LCD screen showing kids TV channels and Skill Tester machines.