Book your seat on the FREE Community Bus at Mt Atkinson & GrandviewWe are delighted to announce that Stockland, the Caroline Springs RSL and Edmund Rice Services - Mt Atkinson have partnered together to provide residents at both Mt Atkinson and Grandview a FREE Community Bus service to help you get to and from Rockbank Train Station.
Running Monday to Friday every week of the school term (excluding public holidays), the Community Bus will operate three morning and three afternoon services starting Monday 12th July 2021.
Theo from Caroline Springs RSL will be your Bus Driver, so be sure to say 'hi' to Theo as you get on the bus.
There are bus-stop signs installed at these locations - if it is raining, you are welcome to wait under the shelter at your local park until the bus arrives.
Morning Services: The bus route will have two pick up locations, the first at Grizzly Bear Park in Mt Atkinson and the second at Dinosaur Park in Grandview. The bus will then drive to Rockbank Train Station to drop passengers off, and then return to Mt Atkinson to repeat this route.
8. Show your e-ticket on your phone/device to the driver as you hop aboard
Your ticket will be emailed to you or you can save your ticket by downloading and storing it in the Eventbrite app.
Once you have created an Eventbrite account you can ‘like’ the Community Bus event page so that it can be easily found for future bookings.
- There is a maximum of 11 passengers per service
- The Community Bus is available for secondary school aged students and adults
- Passenger pickup and drop off will only be available at the designated bus stops
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times
- Food is not to be consumed on the bus
- The Community Bus does not have aided access for wheelchairs to be loaded on or off the vehicle. Theo the driver can provide an extra step for those needing any additional assistance
- The Community Bus cannot wait for passengers who are running late to ensure the bus meets its planned schedule
- Bookings are mandatory: the bus driver will have the final list of passenger names for each service to coordinate the best approach to manage any booking discrepancies
- If you no longer require a seat, please be sure to cancel your booking so that other passengers can book in
- Please book seats for passengers in your household only
- Service route may change to accommodate potential road works
- There is a limited amount of space available on the bus so please avoid bringing large luggage such as a bike or suitcases. Collapsible scooters are suitable.
- Should Theo be concerned about any behaviours being displayed by a passenger, he has the authority to prevent them from boarding the service
- If the bus breaks down, Theo and Edmund Rice Services Mt Atkinson will manage a contingency plan which may involve passengers having to find their own means of transport
- If you would like to provide any feedback or concerns about the service, please contact Mark Monahan at Edmund Rice Services Mt Atkinson firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that it is mandatory to wear a mask while on the bus in line with Victorian Government COVID restrictions around public transport. For the safety of all passengers, unfortunately you will not be permitted on the bus without a mask (unless you have a special exemption). It is also mandatory to scan the bus's QR code as you board the bus.
Stockland, Edmund Rice Services Mt Atkinson and Caroline Springs RSL will not be responsible or liable to any person for any loss, damage or injury arising (whether directly or indirectly) from the use of or reliance on anything contained in this publication. These details are actuate at the time of publishing (06/07/2021) and are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Stockland, Edmund Rice Services Mt Atkinson, and the Caroline Springs RSL. By booking your seat on this service you agree to all of the terms and conditions outlined above.