Stockland are beginning construction on a $3 million upgrade of Youle-Dean Road and extension of Mayfield Drive at Whiteman Edge
We are beginning construction on a $3 million upgrade of Youle-Dean Road and extension of Mayfield Drive at our Whiteman Edge community, which will improve traffic flow and allow better access to our fast-growing community.
Youle-Dean Road will be temporarily closed from Monday 10 September for approximately ten weeks. During this closure, access to Whiteman Edge will be available via Charlton Way, Park Street and Woollcott Avenue.
The roadworks will include:
- A new median divided single carriageway between Everglades Avenue and Lord Street;
- The extension of Mayfield Drive to Youle-Dean Road to provide a new access to Whiteman Edge;
- New pedestrian and cycle pathways either side of Youle-Dean Road;
- Proposed new indented bus stops on both the east-bound and west-bound lanes, just west of Everglades Avenue.
Please note the roadwork timings below:
Click here to download the map
- Lord Street/Youle-Dean Road Intersection – Intersection closure from Monday 10 September 2018 for approximately ten weeks
- Mayfield Drive Access Track – Sealed access road to provide temporary access while Youle-Dean Road is closed. Access track to traffic opening mid November 2018
- Youle-Dean Road Civil Works (from CPB’s scope to Mayfield Drive) – Commencing on Monday 10 September. Access will be available from Youle-Dean Road in late November 2018
- Youle-Dean Road Civil Works (Everglades to Mayfield Drive) – Commencing on Monday 10 September. Access will be available mid-March 2019
- Access to Whiteman Edge from Youle-Dean Road - From late-November 2018, access to Whiteman Edge from Youle-Dean Road will be from Mayfield Drive (green); and if you wish to access Everglades Avenue, use Main Street (orange) as a connecting road.
For more information, visit the Main Roads WA website here.