Behind each of your favourite stores are passionate, hardworking people who welcome you to take part in their story, every time you walk in. Here, we introduce you to the faces behind some of your favourite Stockland retailers. Learn about the history of their business, the products and services they offer and what they love about their local community.
Meet Mirjana, of Lawrence Dry Cleaners
1. Tell us about your store?
Lawrence Dry Cleaners offers dry cleaning, washing, repairs and alterations.
2. What products, services or experiences do you offer?
We have a service called 'Red Box', which allows customers to drop off and pick up their items whenever it suits them. I love the flexibility that it provides to our customers.
3. What feedback do you get from your customers?
We often see customers express excitement and happiness when we save their favourite garments from damage or stains that they believed were unfixable.
4. What are some common customer questions you get?
"Can you clean this stain?"
5. What drives you and the team to success?
Seeing the joy on customers faces when we solve their problems, and seeing and interacting with our regular customers on a weekly basis.
6. What do you love about our local community?
We love our regular customers and the ongoing support and friendship we receive from them.
7. With regard to your store type, what are customers wanting now?
At this time of year as we head into Winter, customers want their jumpers, coats, blankets, doonas, boots and Winter outfits cleaned.
8. What did you wish your customers know before they visited your store?
Our biggest wish is for customers to know that they should not attempt to remove stains themselves before bringing their items to us. There is a risk of sealing the stain! Our advice is to bring your item to us as soon as possible and we will most likely be able to fix it for you.
9. Why do you think shopping centres are important?
Shopping centres are important as it keeps our community together.
10. What is your current role and main responsibilities?
I am the shop manager of Lawrence Dry Cleaners and it is my job to keep customers happy and manage my team.
11. What do you love most about your job?
The connections I form with my customers and being able to employ and look after my staff.
12. What motivates you?
Our customer's trust towards our services and quality.
13. What makes a great dry cleaner?
We've been making customers happy and satisfied for over 80 years and we are the largest dry cleaning business in Australia. We take great pride in our customer service.
14. What is your most memorable moment in your store?
I once received a dress from the Chinese Opera for dry cleaning. It was over 200 years old and absolutely exquisite. I still remember the vivid colours of the silk, which was coloured with natural dye.
15. What's three words that describe you?
Passionate, motivated and reliable.
16. What's three words that describe your store?
Friendly, reliable and experienced.
17. How have you coped with COVID-19 and what are you looking forward to?
Whilst business has been quiet, we have loved the support, friendship and care we have received from our regular customers during these challenging times, and how our community has stood together. We've also enjoyed meeting new community members during this time. We are looking forward to seeing more faces in the centre.
If you’d like to read more about your most-loved retailers, their products, and the faces behind the businesses, click through to the Retailer Stories page on our Belong hub. There are plenty of stories to share!