Behind each of your favourite stores are passionate, hardworking people who welcome you to take part in their story, every time you walk in. Here, we introduce you to the faces behind some of your favourite Stockland retailers. Learn about the history of their business, the products and services they offer and what they love about their local community.
Meet Mitch, of Craig Cook Prime Quality Meats.
1. What products, services, or experiences do you offer?
The products we offer are primarily meat and poultry which are all Australian farm fresh produce. The services we offer are takeaway and delivery, also recipes on our website.
2. What do you love about your store?
I love that the owner of the store is a farmer. Craig Cook is the owner, master butcher and primary farmer that runs his Tova farm in the Southern Highlands, supplying his store with premium beef cuts for dry ageing. Craig personally sources all other produce for his stores buying from farmers he knows that share his values.
3. What feedback do you get from your customers?
They love that our produce are from Australian farms and that our products are delicious, nutritious and a lot of our customers get inspiration from the recipes on our website.
4. What are some common customer questions you get?
At the moment, lots of customers as 'which animals carry coronavirus?'
5. What drives you and the team to success?
When we participate in competitions where we can win meat trays or ham!
6. What do you love about our local community?
Friendly, loyal customers and beautiful surroundings.
7. With regard to your store type, what are customers wanting now?
Australian, fresh produce. Customers love that our meat products are all Australian fresh farm produce.
8. With regard to your store type, what new trends are you seeing?
At the moment customers have unpredictable buying patterns.
9. With regard to your store type, what advice would you have for other retailers?
Hygiene is more important than ever now. Ensure you have enough cleaning supplies, personal protective equipment and stay informed.
10. Why do you think shopping centres are important?
So that people have a choice of shops (competitive in prices and product range). Shopping centres make life easier in terms of having everything 'under one roof' including grocery shopping - variety of supermarkets. Shopping centres also give people a place to go to socialise, eat out or catch a movie.
11. What do you love most about your job?
It's a great place to work, with keen, hardworking staff that are customer-focused. I love that everything we sell is sourced from Australian farms.
12. What makes a great Butcher?
Someone who takes pride in their work. A person who understands where the meat comes from: the best ways to cut it, cook it or carve it. Also how to store it, does it freeze well? A great butcher knows their customers, what they like and what to recommend.
13. What's three words that describe your store?
Friendly, helpful and high quality produce.
14. What are some of your favourite stores in your Stockland centre?
Baker's Delight and Harbord Growers.
15. How have you coped with COVID-19 and what are you looking forward to?
I have coped by staying informed and adapting to this new lifestyle of extreme hygiene. Being a butcher I already had great hygiene. I am looking forward to being able to cook in store again with taste testing.
If you’d like to read more about your most-loved retailers, their products, and the faces behind the businesses, click through to the Retailer Stories page on our Belong hub. There are plenty of stories to share!