Behind each of your favourite stores are passionate, hardworking people who welcome you to take part in their story, every time you walk in. Here, we introduce you to the faces behind some of your favourite Stockland retailers. Learn about the history of their business, the products and services they offer and what they love about their local community.
Meet Adam, of Baker's Delight.
1. Tell us about your store?
Baker's Delight is a bakery franchise founded in Australia 40 years ago. We opened the Balgowlah store in the initial development. I have been a franchisee with Baker's Delight (various locations) for 21 years.
2. What products, services or experiences do you offer?
A variety of freshly baked goods, from croissants and pastries to the everyday and healthy loaves and rolls. We bake everything from scratch in store daily.
3. What do you love about your store?
They say we always smell of freshly baked bread!
4. What feedback do you get from your customers?
We receive a lot of great feedback regarding the quality and consistency of our products.
5. Do you have a funny story you would like to share?
One morning I arrived at the bakery around 6am and both bakers who were meant to start early had slept in! We had to work extremely hard and fast to get product out ready to sell in time for opening.
6. What are some common customer questions you get?
'Is this bread baked fresh today?' Yes, everyday we start from scratch.
7. What do you love about your local community?
My wife has grown up and lived on the Northern Beaches and I've lived here for more than 25 years. Our family loves the area and now our kids get the chance to grow up and play in the best part of the world.
8. With regard to your store type, what are customers wanting right now?
Eat at home options as well as healthy loaves and rolls for school and work lunches.
9. Why do you think shopping centres are important?
Our local neighbourhood shopping centres are important because they are a hub for our community and a place where fresh food offerings come together.
10. What do you love most about your job?
As the owner of a smaller business, I have the flexibility to manage my two young sons sporting, schooling and social life - meaning I get to drive them around!
11. What makes a great bakery?
A great store (in my mind) delivers a combination of great products with fantastic customer service - and does this on a consistent basis.
12. What are some of your favourite stores in your Stockland centre?
Harbord Growers, Malibu Grill, Plenty Kitchen & Tableware, Fish Cafe and Moreish Foods.
13. How have you coped with COVID-19 and what are you looking forward to?
It's been great to have a break from all the sport that consumes our families life! But I'm looking forward to the pubs and restaurants re-opening.
If you’d like to read more about your most-loved retailers, their products, and the faces behind the businesses, click through to the Retailer Stories page on our Belong hub. There are plenty of stories to share!