These fluffy, healthy pancakes will be a hit with mum! Plus, there’ll be plenty for the whole family to enjoy so no one misses out on a yummy breakfast.
1. Peel and mash bananas in a medium mixing bowl, then spoon banana mixture into a blender along with all other ingredients.
2. Lightly coat a saucepan with olive oil or coconut oil before heating to medium-high.
3. Pour pancake mixture directly from the blender onto the saucepan in your desired size (a few big ones for the parents and pikelets for the kids is a good idea!).
4. Wait until bubbles appear on the surface of pancakes and begin to pop. Use a spatula to carefully flip and cook for additional 1-2 minutes. Pancakes should be golden brown.
5. Set aside to cool before stacking a few on a plate for mum, topping with sliced banana, pecans and a generous drizzle of maple syrup.
Note: you may need to re-grease the pan between pancakes to ensure they don’t stick!
Make sure you drop into your local Stockland Baringa before Sunday May 9 and plan out your own delicious brekkie board for mum. She’ll have a smile on her face from the moment she wakes up and will love the thought and effort the kids put in.
For more everyday inspiration, updates on the latest trends and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 sliced banana
- Handful of pecans
- Pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened oat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Olive or coconut oil
Breakfast in bed recipe ideas for Mother’s Day
Easy oat, banana and cinnamon pancakes
Granola and yoghurt parfait with fresh fruit and vegan chocolate chunks
Smoked salmon and cream cheese toasted bagels with rocket