Behind each of your favourite stores are passionate, hardworking people who welcome you to take part in their story, every time you walk in. Here, we introduce you to the faces behind some of your favourite Stockland retailers. Learn about the history of their business, the products and services they offer and what they love about their local community.
Meet Jo, Donut King
1. What products, services or experiences do you offer?
Plain and simply we offer treats, and some people say necessities like coffee. We offer a genuine friendly experience, and we have many loyal customers who we have built up a strong rapport with.
2. What feedback to you get from your customers?
They enjoy visiting us and always ask where we have been if they don’t see us in store.
3. Do you have a funny story you would like to share?
We have owned the store for 15 years and many customers have assumed most of the staff are our family; the number of children I would of had to have, I would not have had time for anything else.
4. What are some common customer questions you get?
Can I have hot fresh donuts? Why yes, you certainly can!
5. What drives you and the team to success?
Simply to make our customers happy, so that they want to visit us again and meet family and friends here.What do you love about our local community? The lifestyle and climate in Bundaberg and the many people who live here who want to keep making it better.With regard to your store type, what are customers wanting right now? Customers want to get back to normal and meet their friends to enjoy their coffee and donuts.
6. With regard to your store type, what new trends are you seeing?
Box donuts that customers can grab and go – quick and easy, no fuss fun and treats for the whole family to enjoy together.
7. With regard to your store type, what advice would you have for other retailers?
Look at the detail and continually educate your staff to see what the detail is as well, it’s what sets us apart from other stores.
8. What are some must-have items, services or experiences right now?
Making dealing with us, the retailer simple and showing the customer we are happy to see them.
9. Why do you think shopping centres are important?
They provide an all in one offering. Time is so valuable and having a couple of less stops to get things done and everything you want/need is a time and stress saver for people.
10. What is your current role and main responsibilities?
I am the Franchisee and my main focuses are administration and marketing.
11. What do you love most about your job?
Offering customers our delicious products and customers service - striving to make the customer happy, so that they look forward to enjoying their treat.
12. What motivates you?
To have our staff enjoying who they work with and what they do, because that leads to them doing a genuinely good job and taking the best care of our customers.
13. What is your most memorable moment in your store?
A regular visiting husband and wife came in every Friday morning. One particular Friday early their grown up children arrived with their own children and extra family who had flown in from Western Australia to surprise their parents - the couple on seeing the huge table of family members, just stopped and were speechless. They chose to meet at our store and that’s so special to us.
14. What’s three words that describe you?
Detailed, passionate and emotional.
15. What’s three words that describe your store?
Customers. Matter. Always.
16. What are some of your favourite stores in your Stockland centre?
Specsavers and Just Cuts, the staff are all very professional.
17. How have you coped with COVID-19 and what are you looking forward to?
This very quiet time has offered up an opportunity to learn and expand on how we can communicate our business to present and potential customers.
If you’d like to read more about your most-loved retailers, their products, and the faces behind the businesses, click through to the Retailer Stories page on our Belong hub. There are plenty of stories to share!