Coles Quiet Hour, is offered every Tuesday between 10:30am-11:30am.
Quiet Hour provides a low-sensory shopping experience by making changes in store, such as reducing noise and distractions, to help make a difference to customers who find it challenging to shop in a heightened sensory environment.
During Quiet Hour, you will notice the following changes in Cleveland Coles:
- Store lighting will be dimmed by 50%
- Coles Radio will be switched off
- Register and scanner volumes will be reduced to the lowest level
- No trolley collections and roll cages will be removed from the shop floor
- No PA announcements except in the case of emergencies
- Free fruit will be offered at customer service
- Additional team members will be available to support customers
Together with Aspect, Coles is creating a ‘no-judgement’ shopping space where people on the spectrum and their families can feel comfortable and welcome while they complete their daily shop.
Coles team members are enthusiastic about the initiative and love offering Quiet Hour to their customers who might benefit from the experience.