Further to the recently completed $5.2 million upgrade to the West Mall, Stockland Gladstone will undergo a $4.2 million upgrade to its East Mall carpark which commenced Monday, 19 August.
These upgrades will deliver an improved shopping experience for both customers and retailers, as well as enhance the centre’s accessibility and convenience offer by improving the traffic flow to provide customers with seamless parking.
The upgrade will include a number of new features, including shade sails to the upper carpark, an elevator from the ground level to the upper carpark, and weather protection around the elevator and across the pedestrian crossing to the centre.
The improved car park will also feature more efficient lighting for customer safety, four new parents with prams spaces, additional disability parking and two designated food pickup parking spaces.
To minimize disruption to our customers, the works are scheduled in stages.
Project key dates:
• 22nd Aug 19: Dawson Highway entrance closed
• 22nd Aug 19: Partial upper deck closed to customer parking
• 22nd Oct 19: Whole upper deck closed to customer parking
• 11th Nov 19: Partial upper deck opened for customer parking including shade sails
• 11th Nov 19: Dawson Hwy entry opened
• 22nd Nov 19: Stage 1 works complete: entire upper deck opened for customer parking including circulation road and lift.
The second stage of works will commence in 2020 on 14 January when the 2 under cover car parks will be resurfaced and line marked.
Customers can continue to access the centre via both Philip St entrances and the West Mall parking near Coles and Kmart will also remain open.
The upgrade is scheduled to be completed by March 2020.