Behind each of your favourite stores are passionate, hardworking people who welcome you to take part in their story, every time you walk in. Here, we introduce you to the faces behind some of your favourite Stockland retailers. Learn about the history of their business, the products and services they offer and what they love about their local community.
Meet Frank, Macdroids
1. Tell us about your store?
Macdroids is the ultimate I.T. experience and 1 stop shop for Sales, Service and Advice on anything I.T. related. When we first moved into Greenhills, a lot of people were complaining that we were just another ‘Phone Kiosk’, but within a Few weeks, people started to realise we were much more than just a phone case shop.
2. What products, services or experiences do you offer?
We are electronics professionals with decades of experience in fault finding and repairs and we back everything we do with a lifetime guarantee on repairs. Most of what Macdroids does cannot be done by anyone else within the centre, probably not even within Newcastle…we even do stuff that Apple can’t do.
3. What do you love about your store?
The best thing about Macdroids is we get results when nobody else can and we’re building a reputation for doing the impossible. Some of the things we’re great at are Listed on the signature card below.
4. What feedback to you get from your customers?
Virtually everyone that comes into the store is excited about what we do including the diversity of our Sales items and Service capabilities too.
5. Do you have a funny story you would like to share?
Every day is a FUNny day. Just seeing the reactions on the faces of our clients when we solve their problem in just a few minutes after they had trying everything and everyone else…priceless
6. What are some common customer questions you get?
Do you fix stuff here?
7. What are some unusual customer questions you get?
I don’t know if it’s unusual but its common….I just dropped my phone in the toilet, can you fix it? Unfortunately, we can and it’s just a matter of the limit on your credit card and whether we have enough disinfectant
8. What drives you and the team to success?
We’re technicians and technicians ONLY work to get results. So, we find solutions to all sorts of problems when other places just give up.
9. What do you love about our local community?
When I was on ACA I mentioned how well we were being supported by the community and that continues more than ever today.
10. With regard to your store type, what are customers wanting right now?
Solutions to their problems that nobody else can help them with. Our customers want help for all sorts of tech issues either with their phone, iPad or laptops. Including device setup, unlocking devices, data backup and transfer.
11. With regard to your store type, what new trends are you seeing?
The most common trend is people buying new iPhones and within a week they’re coming in with smashed screens. Then they buy a screen protector and case after its repaired…love it!
12. With regard to your store type, what advice would you have for other retailers?
I don’t have advice for any retailer, we’re just doing our own unique thing down here and we’re always looking to improve on it.
13. What did you wish customers know before they visited your store?
TO COME HERE FIRST!
14. Why do you think shopping centres are important?
Brings the crowds through that door outside my store, thanks!
15. What is your current role and main responsibilities?
I’m the owner of Macdroids. Everything is my responsibility. So if something goes wrong, it sucks cos there is nobody else to blame.
16. What do you love most about your job?
When you’ve done what I’ve done for so long you become great at it and everything becomes easy. I’d like to think that I’m at the top of our industry in all areas of the business.
17. What motivates you?
Waking up in the morning is good enough motivation for me.
18. What makes a great Macdroids Store?
A chain of Macdroids Stores
19. What is your most memorable moment in your store?
Most memorable moment IN the store was opening it for the 1st day of business and actually getting a customer! What a relief!
20. What’s three words that describe you?
Patient Old Guy
21. What’s three words that describe your store?
Wow wow wow
22. What are some of your favourite stores in your Stockland centre?
I wish I had the time to go and visit all the stores but…. I love that the movies are here and I love time zone. It would be great if the post office and the nab was inside too. Generally speaking, I think there’s a good mix of stores inside and I can see why it’s so busy most of the time.
23. How have you coped with COVID-19 and what are you looking forward to?
Just another challenge to being a business owner…add it to the list I guess. I’m looking forward to having some time off and finally getting Google and Apple off my back!