Behind each of your favourite stores are passionate, hardworking people who welcome you to take part in their story, every time you walk in. Here, we introduce you to the faces behind some of your favourite Stockland retailers. Learn about the history of their business, the products and services they offer and what they love about their local community.
Meet Jarrod, Hoyts
1. Tell us about your store?
We are the premier cinema in the region offering a fresh and different experience from what is expected from a traditional cinema. From our Treat City through to our premium dine-in cinema LUX, 2 Xtremescreens with 360 Degree DOLBY Atmos. Recliner seating is the standard with powered recliners in every seat – every cinema.
2. What products, services or experiences do you offer?
New release films, retro rewinds of the classics as well as Girls’ Night Outs and advance screenings. A HOYTS exclusive merchandise range of items that are both film specific and collectable.
3. What do you love about your store?
We love the quality fit out, modern and clean styling whilst still encompassing what we all love about the cinematic experience.
4. What drives you and the team to success?
The team is driven to give positive customer experiences.
5. What do you wish customers knew before they visited your store?
Our biggest hurdle is the times that are represented on Google are never correct, best place to go is out website or smartphone APP! We hate the frustration caused just as much as you!
6. What do you love about our local community?
The easy going nature, the community support for all. No place I’d rather be working and living.
7. What is your current role and main responsibilities?
Location Manager – oversee the complex operations and forward plans
8. What do you love most about your job?
The people I work with and the service we are proud to provide.
9. What motivates you?
The drive for continuous improvement in every aspect of what we do.
10. What makes a great cinema?
A customer focus from the time you enter to the time you depart, quality on screen content and relaxing in one of our 800 powered recliners!
11. What is your most memorable moment in your store?
The opening weeks in 2018, to open the doors to 2 huge films in Jurassic Park Fallen Kingdom and Incredibles 2 was a great experience, despite the stress involved!
12. What’s three words that describe your store?
Cinema of the future
13. How have you coped with COVID-19 and what are you looking forward to?
Really tough few months with government mandated shut down of cinema across Australia. Really looking forward to getting people back in to the complex and the film distributors giving us the content that we are all dying to see on the big screen!