Stockland is powering up in innovation, rolling out universal ChargePoint Electric Vehicle (EV) and dedicated Tesla Destination Chargers across 31 of our shopping centres. Electric Vehicles and Tesla owners will be able to charge their cars for free in Stockland retail centres, boosting convenience for our customers while they shop, dine or spend time with family and friends.
With Electric Vehicles playing a major role in the future of transportation, Stockland are proud to launch this initiative to meet the ever growing Australian demand whilst maintaining our commitment to sustainability. Our encouragement of Electric Vehicle usage will help reduce toxic gas and carbon emissions into the environment as these vehicles run on electric powered motors.
These chargers have the ability to top up an Electric Vehicle’s battery by 20-40% in half an hour on average, saving our customers over $3 in electricity cost.
To further support this initiative, Stockland have incorporated designated parking bays for Electric Vehicles across our centres that have the charging units installed. In Electric Car terms, when a conventional petrol powered Vehicle is parked in an Electric Vehicle bay, the Electric Vehicle driver socially refers to this as being ICE’d (Internal Combustion Engine). Therefore, we encourage non-Electric Vehicles to park in regular spaces to free these charge points for their intended use.
The centres which currently have Electric Vehicle charging units installed include:
• QLD: Burleigh Heads (2 charge points)
• NSW: Jesmond (1 charge point), Glendale (1 charge point), Shellharbour (4 charge points), Balgowlah (1 charge point), Cammeray (1 charge point) and Baulkham Hills (2 charge points)
• VIC: Point Cook (1 charge point)
• WA: Harrisdale (2 charge points) and Baldivis (2 charge points)
Furthermore, Stockland is also installing Tesla Destination Chargers over the next twelve months. At present, Tesla drivers can utilise the current charging stations located at our centres for free, provided they utilise their Tesla adaptor to connect to the charging unit.
The Stockland shopping centres to have Tesla Destination Chargers installed over the next 12 months include:
• QLD: Cairns, Townsville, North Shore, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Gladstone, Hervey Bay (installed), Caloundra, Cleveland, Pacific Pines, Benowa Gardens, Burleigh Heads
• NSW: Balgowlah (installed), Cammeray (installed), Green Hills, Jesmond, Merrylands, Baulkham Hills, Wetherill Park, Shellharbour, Bathurst, Nowra, Corrimal, Forster, Tamworth, Glendale, Wallsend
• VIC: Highlands and The Pines
• WA: Baldivis
All our Stockland charge points are located on the PlugShare website (www.plugshare.com
) with the aim of accommodating our centre customers over the course of their journey.
For updates regarding our Electric Vehicle and Tesla Chargers, register now as a Stockland Member