Stockland Riverton is excited to announce the Youth Art Awards!
The inaugural Youth Art Awards will be run throughout term 3 and calls on all local school students to think about what sustainability means to them. The Youth Art Awards will culminate in an exhibition of all finalists works during the school holidays from 23rd September - 8th October throughout the Centre.
Would you like to see your artwork displayed in our Centre? Then get creative! Get together as a family and start thinking about what sustainability means to you. Artwork will be accepted across all mediums. You may wish to use recycled material or paint or draw a picture about what sustainability means to you and how you are sustainable at home, the ideas are endless.
How to Enter
- Download the entry form by clicking here
- Email your entry form by clicking here
- Before submitting your entry please ensure:
- You have attached an image of your artwork (file size less than 5mb)
- That you are eligible to enter, please see below for details
- Your artwork meets the criteria outlined below
- 17th July - 1st September- A picture of your entry, along with your entry form must be completed and emailed
- 1st September - 8th September- Judging
- 11th – 15th September- Winning entries announced
- 23rd September – 8th October- Entries will be on display in Centre during the September School Holidays
To be eligible to enter the Youth Art Awards you must be a student at one of the following schools:
- Riverton Primary School
- Shelley Primary School
- Rostrata Primary School
- Willetton Primary School
- Wilson Primary School
- Brookman Primary School
- Bannister Creek Primary School
- Burrendah Primary School
- Castlereagh School
- Riverton Education Support Centre
- Queen of Apostles School
- Parkwood Primary School
- Orana Catholic Primary School
- Woodthorpe School
- Lynwood Senior High School
- Rossmoyne Senior High School
- Wiletton Senior High School
- Como Secondary Collage
- Canning Arts Group
Categories are broken into the following age groups:
- Pre-Primary and Yr 1
- Yr 2 and 4
- Yr 5 and 6
- Yr 7 and 8
- Yr 9 and 10
- Yr 11 and 12
Your entry must meet the following criteria:
- All works entered must be less than 12 months old from closing date for entries
- Entrants must be between the ages of 3 - 18.
- All artworks must be a single item
- Works must not exceed 1.5 m x 1.5 m in any direction including frame.
- Hanging works must not weigh more than 5 kgs.
- Sculpture works should not be over 10 kgs or in excess of 2 cubic metres
- Stockland Riverton, whilst taking good care, will not take responsibility for the damage or loss of artworks. It is the responsibility of the artist to provide insurance for their works.
- Entrants must agree that the organisers reserve the right to reproduce entries in print, film or digital format for promotion, education, and documentation purposes in association with the Stockland Riverton.
- If artworks are deemed unsuitable for exhibition as they raise copyright issues, are culturally insensitive and/or are obscene/upsetting and not family-friendly, then the entry form cancelled.
- Once on display an artwork cannot be modified in any way by artists or others.
- Once an artwork has been placed it will remain in place for the duration of the exhibition and cannot be moved or withdrawn.
For a full list of terms and conditions please click here.