Stockland Wallsend completed Stage 1 of the centres carpark upgrade at the Coles entrance prior to December 2016, with Stage 2 works taking place from June 19th, 2017. Stage 2 works commenced in the western carpark on the corner of Kokera Street & Bunn Street. Upon completion, the carpark will provide customers with an improved shopping experience from the moment you enter the carpark, and will increase the parking spaces available within this area from approximately 117 to 126 parking bays.
As of Monday 21st August 2017, it’s a very exciting time as the carpark refurbishment is nearly complete and almost ready to be opened….and its ahead of schedule!
Work has progressed very nicely and we are preparing to open the majority of the carpark on Tuesday 22nd August.
Over the next few days the following works will be completed ready for you to drive in and park!
- Landscaping – topsoil, planting and mulching,
- Energisation of the carpark lighting, and
- Installation of the painted pavement line marking and signs.
After Tuesday's opening there will still be a few minor areas of work occurring which will result in minimal impact, including:
- A new section of concrete pavement along a portion of the walkway promenade near the taxi zone,
- New pedestrian ramps for the taxi zone,
- Installation of a trolley bay in the carpark, and
- A few tree grates to be installed in the carpark.
We hope you enjoy the new carpark with its improved access and parking!
Previous information regarding the carpark works are detailed below.
These works will also include the following:
* Removal of unsafe trees and limbs from the perimeter of the carpark. All trees will be used for recycled timber and mulch.
* New landscaping and gardens surrounding the carpark perimeter
* Improved drainage
* Asphalt resurfacing
* Reconfigured line marking, improving navigation and visibility
* New and improved LED lighting throughout the carpark
* New trolley bays
* New angled parking adjacent to Westpac Bank, increasing this area from 3 parallel bays to 5 angled parking bays
To view a plan of the carpark upgrade, please click here to download the PDF.
* Western carpark entry can now only be accessed via Bunn Street.
* Taxi rank has temporary relocated in front of Café Cino, at the main centre entry.
* Access to the Coles carpark remains open as usual.
Pedestrian access remains available to the following exterior retailers:
* All retailers remain open for business during these carpark works.
* Newcastle Permanent
* Domino’s Pizza
* Centre Management
* Service NSW
* Elders Insurance
* Australian Hearing
What times will the works be done during the day?
Contractors are permitted to undertake construction works during the following hours as per the approved DA condition:
7am – 6pm, Monday – Friday
Nil works on Sunday
How long will the upgrade take?
It is anticipated that the carpark works will continue for a period of at least 8-10 weeks make, weather permitting. Stockland is committed to minimising any disruption these works may cause during the redevelopment process and to keeping you regularly updated as works progress.
Multiple planning options to minimise disruption during the works were considered, with the current program providing the shortest downturn with maximum results in accordance with the approved DA from Newcastle City Council.
Where can I view the DA?
To view the DA approved application, click here to download the PDF.
If you have any queries in relation to the carpark upgrade, please contact Stockland Wallsend Centre Management on (02) 4951 1622.