Nail the layered look this Winter using our top six styling tips…
The days will soon be getting colder, which means it’s time to put your skimpy summer faves away and break out the cosy threads. Even though the main aim is to stay warm and ward off nasty winter colds, we don’t want to compromise on fashion while we’re rugging up!
Strategic layering choices are key to nailing your chic winter style and we’ve found everything you need at your local Stockland centre. With such a diverse range in centre, you can shop everything from basics to statement seasonal pieces without blowing your budget. Nail the layered look using our top six styling tips…
1. Add an extra layer of warmth between your crisp white button up shirt and a camel trench or cape with a chunky, funnel neck vest. Then pair your top layers with a jean or leather pencil skirt and boot. Stick to grey to keep the palette neutral and easy to accessorize. This is one our favourite looks, as it’s super comfy yet stylish, perfect for a dinner date, work or weekend days with the ankle biters.
2. Maximise your summer wardrobe by starting with a short printed A-line or maxi dress as your base. Layer an oversized sweater (the bigger the better) and wrap around a scarf in a complementing print. Add a boot, wide-brimmed floppy hat and a little bling, and then you’re good to go!
3. For a casual weekend look, grab a khaki anorak layered over a plain white tee and pencil skirt or coated black jean. If you need further comfort from the cold, throw on a red check button up before your anorak. Then as the day heats up, you can tie the check shirt around your waist for a bit of individualised styling. Go for a knee-high or over-the-knee boot with this look – jeans tucked in.
4. If you’re looking to rug up for a day at the office, layer a leather vest or jacket over a sweater (in burgundy or dark khaki) with collared button up shirt underneath. Throw this over a cropped tailored pant or pencil skirt and pumps. Don’t be afraid to inject some colour by incorporating a printed sweater instead.
5. For a high-street look, grab your trench – buttoned up in the middle – and layer it over a flowing maxi dress or a white button up shirt and jeans. Add a complementing, thick belt over the trench and throw on a printed cape or poncho - wear the cape or poncho slung over one shoulder only for expert-level styling. This look is ideal to pair with a large, slouchy tote bag and ankle boot.
6. One thing to remember with layering is you don’t always need a jacket – instead try layering multiple thin pieces for warmth. Start with a turtleneck long-sleeved top, then layer a white button up with long bell sleeves and a cropped short sleeve sweater over the top (so you can still see the white collar). Pair this with a leather skirt, over-the-knee boot and top it off with a printed silk scarf.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.