Searching for the perfect dish for this sweltering heat? Look no further. This prawn salad will provide a zesty flavour explosion that is both delicious and nutritious. Great for an afternoon gathering or for a family dinner, this salad will not disappoint.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 1 stick of thinly-sliced lemongrass
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoons of coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons of fish sauce
- 2 small, thinly-sliced red chilies
- 1kg of prawns with tails attached
- 1 lettuce
- 2 cucumbers, cut into strips
- 2 chopped spring onions
- 1/2 cup of coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup of mint leaves
- 1/4 cup of chopped roasted peanuts
- Crispy noodles
Place lemongrass, lime and lemon juice, oil, fish sauce and chilies into a bowl and mix.
Next, add coconut sugar and whisk until it dissolves.
Place prawns in a dish and cover with liquid mixture. If you have time, you can do this step the day before and marinate the prawns overnight.
Pan-fry prawns on a high heat for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
Place prawns on a bed of cucumber and lettuce with onions, coriander and mint. Top off with a squeeze of lemon juice, crispy noodles and crunchy peanuts.