There’s something about soft boiled eggs that brings us all back to our childhood. Served on a bed of greens, this recipe is as nostalgic as it is healthy. The parmesan topping adds a phenomenal bite too!
1. Cook the eggs in a large saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the mange tout and asparagus in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain well and toss with the butter and seasoning. Divide between serving bowls.
3. Drain the eggs after 8 minutes. Briefly refresh in iced water, and then crack and peel. Set the eggs on top of the vegetables and cut through them with a knife to release the yolk.
4. Sprinkle over the shredded Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 4 large eggs
- 450 g | 4 cups mange tout
- 400 g | 3 cups asparagus spears, with ends removed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 80 g | 3/4 cup Parmesan, shredded
- freshly ground black pepper
20 Quick Dinner Ideas Making Midweek Easy
Artichoke and Tomato Linguine
Asparagus with Egg
Bruschetta with Feta
Calamari and Bean Salad
Chicken Liver Pate
Cold Baby Marrow Soup
Easy Fish Pie
Fettuccine with Basil
Penne with Chorizo
Polenta with Chicken Breasts
Roast Pork Flank
Salad with Carpaccio
Spaghetti with Rocket