The combination of cannellini beans with fresh herbs and baby calamari is unbeatable. Healthy and tasty, this is a salad you’ll want to devour again and again.
1. Wash the baby calamari under cold running water. Pat dry and then remove the tentacled tops with a sharp knife and roughly chop. Cut the the tubes into rings.
2. Heat the oil in a large saute pan set over a moderate heat until hot. Add the garlic, saute for 30 seconds, and then remove from the pan. Add the prepared calamari and saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the drained beans, cover the pan with a lid, and cook over a slightly reduced heat for 2 minutes.
4. Remove the lid and squeeze in the juice from two lemon wedges. Stir in the torn basil, extra-virgin olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon onto plates and serve with extra lemon wedges on the side.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 6 baby calamari, fresh, or thawed if frozen
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 400 g | 2 cups canned cannellini beans, drained
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/2 bunch basil, leaves picked and torn
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
20 Quick Dinner Ideas Making Midweek Easy
Artichoke and Tomato Linguine
Asparagus with Egg
Bruschetta with Feta
Calamari and Bean Salad
Chicken Liver Pate
Cold Baby Marrow Soup
Easy Fish Pie
Fettuccine with Basil
Penne with Chorizo
Polenta with Chicken Breasts
Roast Pork Flank
Salad with Carpaccio
Spaghetti with Rocket