Served with fresh, crusty bread, you won’t be able to get enough of this chicken liver pâté. The best part? You can make the pâté in the morning or the night before and pull out of the fridge just before serving. Voila!
1. For the pate: Combine the livers, onion, garlic, bay leaf, thyme leaves, water, and 0.5 tsp of salt in a saucepan.
2. Heat over a medium heat until simmer, and then cover and cook over a reduced heat for 3 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat, cover with a lid, and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes, discard the bay leaf and transfer the livers and other ingredients to a food processor with a slotted spoon.
5. Add 2 tbsp of the butter as well as the cognac and blend on high until smooth. Add another 2 tbsp butter, blend again until incorporated, and then add another 2 tbsp butter, blending again. Season to taste with salt and pepper and then scrape the pate into a serving bowl, smoothing the top flat.
6. Melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan. Pour over the pate in the bowl, and then cover and chill until set, 1 hour.
7. To serve: Garnish the pate with thyme sprigs and serve with slices of baguette and the goats' cheese.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 300 g | 2 cups chicken livers, trimmed
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp thyme leaves
- 120 ml water
- 150 g | 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Cognac
- thyme sprigs, to garnish
- salt and pepper
- 160 g | 1 cup herbed goats' cheese log, sliced
- 1 small baguette, cut into slices
20 Quick Dinner Ideas Making Midweek Easy
Artichoke and Tomato Linguine
Asparagus with Egg
Bruschetta with Feta
Calamari and Bean Salad
Chicken Liver Pate
Cold Baby Marrow Soup
Easy Fish Pie
Fettuccine with Basil
Penne with Chorizo
Polenta with Chicken Breasts
Roast Pork Flank
Salad with Carpaccio
Spaghetti with Rocket