With egg, avocado and homemade croutons, this salad has all the trimmings of a classic Caesar with a bit of a modern twist. Delicious with chicken, it also pairs just as well with prawns too if you’re after a seafood fix.
1. For the dressing: Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, mustard, and seasoning in a small mixing bowl.
2. Whisk in the oil in a slow, steady stream until the dressing has thickened and emulsified. Season to taste and set aside.
3. For the salad: Briefly pound out the chicken breasts with a meat tenderiser. Rub them with 2 tbsp olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat the grill to hot. Place the chicken on a grilling tray and grill for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until golden-brown. Remove from the grill and cover loosely with aluminium foil.
5. As the chicken is under the grill, cook the eggs in a saucepan of boiling water for 9 minutes. Drain well and refresh in iced water.
6. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan set over a moderate heat until hot. Add the cubed bread and saute until golden, 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Toss the watercress with some of the dressing and arrange in salad bowls. Top with the red onion, avocado, and croutons.
8. Peel and rinse the eggs. Cut in half and sit on top of the salad. Cut the chicken into slices and place on top.
9. Season again with salt and black pepper if desired and serve with the remaining dressing on the side.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 thick slices sourdough, cubed
- 200 g | 4 cups watercress, washed
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 large avocado, pitted and sliced
20 Quick Dinner Ideas Making Midweek Easy
Artichoke and Tomato Linguine
Asparagus with Egg
Bruschetta with Feta
Calamari and Bean Salad
Chicken Liver Pate
Cold Baby Marrow Soup
Easy Fish Pie
Fettuccine with Basil
Penne with Chorizo
Polenta with Chicken Breasts
Roast Pork Flank
Salad with Carpaccio
Spaghetti with Rocket