Try this version of a classic schnitzel with a lemon and mustard sauce. Serve with a salad on the side and this delicious dinner will be on the table in minutes. The best part? The kids will love it too!
1. For the schnitzel: Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in three separate shallow dishes.
2. Cover the butterflied chicken breasts with clingfilm and pound out to 0.5 cm | 0.25" thickness using a meat tenderiser.
3. Dredge the chicken in the flour, coating on both sides, and then shake off the excess. Dip in the egg, coating both sides, and then let the excess drip off. Dredge in the breadcrumbs and press gently to help them adhere.
4. Heat 2 tbsp of oil and 1 tbsp of butter in two large frying pans set over a moderate heat until hot. Pan-fry two breaded chicken breasts in each pan for 3-4 minutes on both sides until golden and crisp.
5. Remove to a plate lined with kitchen paper. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. For the sauce: Whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce in a small mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt. Spoon into serving bowls.
7. To serve: Place a schnitzel on each serving plate and serve with the sauce, rocket and watercress, and a lemon quarter.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 80 g | 1/2 cup plain flour, seasoned
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 200 g | 2 cups golden breadcrumbs
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- 120 g | 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 100 g | 2 cups rocket, washed
- 100 g | 2 cups watercress, washed
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
20 Quick Dinner Ideas Making Midweek Easy
Artichoke and Tomato Linguine
Asparagus with Egg
Bruschetta with Feta
Calamari and Bean Salad
Chicken Liver Pate
Cold Baby Marrow Soup
Easy Fish Pie
Fettuccine with Basil
Penne with Chorizo
Polenta with Chicken Breasts
Roast Pork Flank
Salad with Carpaccio
Spaghetti with Rocket