Just as easy as it is tasty, this bunless burger is a real treat. Adding a pinch of chilli flakes and Tabasco sauce gives this recipe a little punch, but if you’d prefer to keep it mild, it tastes just as good without.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) | 350F | gas 4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. For the patties: Scrunch together the beef mince, onion, chilli flakes (if using), and plenty of seasoning in a large mixing bowl.
3. Divide the mixture into four and shape into thick patties. Arrange on the prepared tray and leave a thumb imprint in the top of each patty.
4. Bake for 20 minutes until golden-brown, turning halfway through cooking. Remove from the oven and cover loosely with aluminium foil.
5. For the guacamole: Pit the avocado, peel, and chop the flesh. Mash in a small bowl with the garlic, lime juice, Tabasco, and seasoning. Add the cherry tomatoes and stir well to combine.
6. To serve: Steam the peas in a steaming basket over a simmering saucepan of water; 3-4 minutes. Remove from the steamer and divide between bowls.
7. Place a cooked patty on each plate and top with a generous tablespoon of the guacamole. Season with more black pepper.
8. Serve with the rocket and peas on the side.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 600 g | 4 cups lean beef mince
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 dash Tabasco
- 150 g | 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 225 g | 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 100 g | 2 cups rocket, washed
20 Quick Dinner Ideas Making Midweek Easy
Artichoke and Tomato Linguine
Asparagus with Egg
Bruschetta with Feta
Calamari and Bean Salad
Chicken Liver Pate
Cold Baby Marrow Soup
Easy Fish Pie
Fettuccine with Basil
Penne with Chorizo
Polenta with Chicken Breasts
Roast Pork Flank
Salad with Carpaccio
Spaghetti with Rocket