A lemony yoghurt sauce makes this Australian variation on bruschetta into an instant classic. Served on toasted bread, a few slices of this tasty snack can be easily served up to form a delicious dinner.
1. For the sauce: Whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Season to taste, cover, and chill until needed.
2. For the bruschetta: Preheat the grill to hot. Cut the hake fillet into four even pieces. Arrange on a grilling tray and brush with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill for 3-4 minutes until firm yet slightly springy to the touch. Remove from the grill and set aside.
4. Toast the slices of bread under the grill for 1 minute on both sides or until golden-brown. Remove from the grill and place on plates.
5. Top with rocket leaves, hake, and then spoon over the prepared sauce.
6. Serve with the finely sliced basil leaves on top and lemon wedges on the side.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 200 g | 7/8 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 garlic clove, mined
- 2 tbsp basil leaves, finely sliced
- 500 g skinless hake fillet, pin-boned
- 2 - 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 thick slices Italian bread
- 100 g | 2 cups rocket, washed
- 4 tbsp basil leaves, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- freshly ground black pepper
20 Quick Dinner Ideas Making Midweek Easy
Artichoke and Tomato Linguine
Asparagus with Egg
Bruschetta with Feta
Calamari and Bean Salad
Chicken Liver Pate
Cold Baby Marrow Soup
Easy Fish Pie
Fettuccine with Basil
Penne with Chorizo
Polenta with Chicken Breasts
Roast Pork Flank
Salad with Carpaccio
Spaghetti with Rocket