This pasta is overflowing with Mediterranean flavours. The combination of chorizo, fresh tomato, olives and basil mean this dish is guaranteed to make it onto your regular recipe list.
1. Cook the penne in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until 'al dente, ' 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan set over a moderate heat until hot. Add the garlic, saute for 30 seconds, and then add the chorizo.
3. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until starting to brown and crisp at the edges. Add the baby plum tomatoes and olives, and cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Drain the penne well and add to the saute pan, tossing and stirring to mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Remove from the heat and stir through the basil leaves. Divide between bowls and serve.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 450 g | 8 cups penne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 150 g | 1 cup chorizo, skin removed and sliced
- 150 g | 1 cup baby plum tomatoes
- 100 g | 2/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 small bunch basil, leaves picked
- freshly ground black pepper
20 Quick Dinner Ideas Making Midweek Easy
Artichoke and Tomato Linguine
Asparagus with Egg
Bruschetta with Feta
Calamari and Bean Salad
Chicken Liver Pate
Cold Baby Marrow Soup
Easy Fish Pie
Fettuccine with Basil
Penne with Chorizo
Polenta with Chicken Breasts
Roast Pork Flank
Salad with Carpaccio
Spaghetti with Rocket