Forget plain grilled chicken breasts, this bacon-wrapped version served with polenta is mouth-wateringly good. Try this recipe today and add it to your weekly rotation — we guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (200° fan) | 425F | gas 7.
2. For the polenta: Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan set over a moderate heat. Stir in 1 tsp salt, stir to dissolve, and then add the polenta.
3. Bring the polenta to a simmer, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes with a whisk or wooden spoon. Continue to cook over a low heat for 40-45 minutes until thick, stirring from time to time and adding more water to loosen the polenta if needed.
4. For the chicken: As the polenta cooks, pat the chicken breasts dry with kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper. Wrap each breast with two rashers of bacon and season again.
5. Arrange the red onion and tomatoes in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss briefly to mix. Sit the wrapped chicken on top.
6. Roast for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the tomatoes are bursting from their skins. Remove from the oven and leave to rest, covered loosely with aluminium foil, for 10 minutes.
7. Once the polenta is ready, adjust the seasoning to taste and stir in the butter.
8. To serve: Spoon the polenta onto plates and sit the chicken on top. Spoon over the tomatoes and onions, and garnish with basil leaves and shredded Parmesan before serving.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 1.1 l water
- 160 g | 1 cup polenta, cornmeal
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 small skinless chicken breasts
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 300 g | 2 cups baby plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- 60 g | 1/2 cup Parmesan, shredded
20 Quick Dinner Ideas Making Midweek Easy
Artichoke and Tomato Linguine
Asparagus with Egg
Bruschetta with Feta
Calamari and Bean Salad
Chicken Liver Pate
Cold Baby Marrow Soup
Easy Fish Pie
Fettuccine with Basil
Penne with Chorizo
Polenta with Chicken Breasts
Roast Pork Flank
Salad with Carpaccio
Spaghetti with Rocket