This recipe is great when you just want to set and forget. Once this tasty, heavenly spiced pork flank is in the oven, you can leave it to work its magic. Served with greens, this is a recipe you won’t be able to get enough of.
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C (210° fan) | 450F | gas 8.
2. Mix together the garlic, herbs, olive oil, and seasoning in a small mixing bowl. Spread over the pork flank and sit the flank on a trivet sat inside a roasting tray or dish.
3. Roast for 10 minutes, and then reduce the oven to 200°C (180° fan) | 400F | gas 6. Continue to roast for 30-40 minutes until the pork registers at least 71°C | 160F on a meat thermometer.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to rest, covered loosely with aluminium foil, for at least 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook the green beans in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain and refresh briefly in iced water.
6. Drain again and toss in a mixing bowl with the tomatoes, extra-virgin olive oil, and plenty of seasoning.
7. Serve the bean salad alongside the pork and a bowl of mustard.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 600 g pork flank steak, (pork belly), trimmed of excess fat and skin
- 450 g | 4 cups green beans, trimmed
- 450 g | 3 cups baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Dijon mustard, to serve
- freshly ground black pepper
20 Quick Dinner Ideas Making Midweek Easy
Artichoke and Tomato Linguine
Asparagus with Egg
Bruschetta with Feta
Calamari and Bean Salad
Chicken Liver Pate
Cold Baby Marrow Soup
Easy Fish Pie
Fettuccine with Basil
Penne with Chorizo
Polenta with Chicken Breasts
Roast Pork Flank
Salad with Carpaccio
Spaghetti with Rocket