This delectable, Italian style dish is perfect for the evenings you’re craving something fresh, yet punchy. The key to a perfect carpaccio is a beautifully tender steak, so make sure to head into your local butcher to pick up a quality cut.
1. Heat a cast-iron frying pan over a high heat until almost smoking. Rub the steak with the groundnut oil and season generously on both sides.
2. Sear for 3 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden-brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and cover with aluminium foil, leaving to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Thinly slice the steak and arrange on a serving plate, overlapping slices if necessary. Top with the rocket and shaved Parmesan, and then drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Serve with Dijon mustard on the side.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 450 g ribeye steak, trimmed of excess fat and gristle
- 1 1/2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 75 g | 1 1/2 cups rocket, washed
- 60 g | 1/2 cup Parmesan, shaved
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Dijon mustard, to serve
- freshly ground black pepper
20 Quick Dinner Ideas Making Midweek Easy
Artichoke and Tomato Linguine
Asparagus with Egg
Bruschetta with Feta
Calamari and Bean Salad
Chicken Liver Pate
Cold Baby Marrow Soup
Easy Fish Pie
Fettuccine with Basil
Penne with Chorizo
Polenta with Chicken Breasts
Roast Pork Flank
Salad with Carpaccio
Spaghetti with Rocket