The melt-in-your-mouth flavour of smoked mackerel really shines in this dish. On the table within half an hour, this salad is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Pack for a picnic and pair with some crispy BBQ prawns for a real seafood extravaganza.
1. Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until tender to the point of a knife, 18-22 minutes approximately.
2. Once ready, drain well and rinse under cold water for 1 minute. Set aside.
3. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumber and then prepare into long ribbons using the peeler.
4. Pat the potatoes dry and cut in half. Whisk together the yoghurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and plenty of seasoning in a mixing bowl. Add the potato halves and stir well to coat.
5. Arrange lettuce leaves on serving plates and top with the potato salad, cucumber ribbons, sliced red onion, and flaked mackerel.
6. Serve immediately for best results.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 750 g | 5 cups new potatoes
- 120 g | 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 80 g | 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cucumber
- 2 Romaine lettuce, leaves separated and trimmed
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 300 g | 2 cups smoked, cooked mackerel fillets, roughly flaked
- salt and pepper
20 Quick Dinner Ideas Making Midweek Easy
Artichoke and Tomato Linguine
Asparagus with Egg
Bruschetta with Feta
Calamari and Bean Salad
Chicken Liver Pate
Cold Baby Marrow Soup
Easy Fish Pie
Fettuccine with Basil
Penne with Chorizo
Polenta with Chicken Breasts
Roast Pork Flank
Salad with Carpaccio
Spaghetti with Rocket