Pair al denté spaghetti with flavourful garlic and baby capers for this delicious winter recipe. Seasoned with lemon juice, this speedy pasta dish is bursting with fresh winter flavours.
1. Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water for 8-10 minutes until 'al dente. '
2. Drain well, reserving 1 cup of the starchy cooking liquid.
3. Heat the oil in a large saute pan set over a moderate heat until hot. Add the garlic and saute for 20 seconds, and then add the capers and most of the rocket. Add the spaghetti and toss well until the rocket starts to wilt.
4. Add the Parmesan in two additions, adding the cooking water in between to loosen the spaghetti.
5. Once the spaghetti is glossy and the rocket is clinging to it, season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
6. Lift into plates and serve with the remaining rocket on top.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 500 g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 60 g | 1/3 cup baby capers, in brine, drained
- 150 g | 3 cups rocket, washed
- 80 g | 3/4 cup Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
20 Quick Dinner Ideas Making Midweek Easy
Artichoke and Tomato Linguine
Asparagus with Egg
Bruschetta with Feta
Calamari and Bean Salad
Chicken Liver Pate
Cold Baby Marrow Soup
Easy Fish Pie
Fettuccine with Basil
Penne with Chorizo
Polenta with Chicken Breasts
Roast Pork Flank
Salad with Carpaccio
Spaghetti with Rocket