If you think you’ve had your share of this classic Aussie treat, you thought wrong. Forget everything you think you know about pavlova. This chocolate-infused, caramel-drizzled delight is sure to convert even the biggest anti-pavlova ambassador.
1. Pre-heat oven to 160C
2. Beat egg whites till soft peaks form, then add sugar one spoon at the time till meringue is silky and shiny.
3. Reduce mixer speed and corn flour, vinegar and lemon.
4. Continue on high speed until stiff meringue mixture forms.
5. Remove the whisk attachment and drizzle the melted chocolate over the meringue. Fold though gently to create a marble effect.
6. Spoon large dollops of meringue onto a couple of baking paper lined trays. Drizzle a little more chocolate before transferring to the oven.
7. Turn the down oven to 110 C and bake for 2 hours or till meringues come away from paper without sticking.
Salted Caramelo Sauce
8. Place a pan on medium heat and melt the sugar bit by bit until all sugar has become golden brown.
9. Remove pan from heat and whisk in butter cube by cube very carefully, followed by the cream. Allow to cool completely, then stir through salt flakes to retain their crunch.
10. To serve, garnish with cream, salted caramelo sauce, shaved chocolate, and go nuts using the chocolate nuts.
Visit our Miguel Maestre hub for more news, recipes and inspiration and relish in a range of his seasonal, internationally-inspired recipes and helpful tips and make your next meal all the more memorable.
2 hours 30 minutes
The Best Australia Day Recipes By Miguel Maestre
Miguel Maestre's Calamari Pinchos
Miguel Maestres Chocolate Pavlova
Miguel Maestre's Lamb Lollypops
Miguel Maestre's Nicoise Swordfish Skewers
Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
Watermelon and Kiwi Ice Blocks
Miguel's Peri Peri BBQ Chicken
Miguel's Seafood BBQ Feast
Miguel's Sticky Soy BBQ Cauliflower Steaks
BBQ lamb kofta and beetroot pita with kale by Miguel Maestre