So you’ve heard of cauliflower rice, but what about cauliflower steaks? Gone are the days of basic boiled veggies, look at cauliflower in a whole other light with this filling, flavoursome feast.
1. Pre-heat the grill to medium heat. Slice the cauliflower into thick steak slices. Place in a baking dish and pour the sweet soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil, palm sugar, salt, zest and juice. Mix well. Shake off excess marinade and grill for 2 minutes on each side, basting with a brush the excess marinade.
2. To make coriander pesto – in a food processor add coriander, cashews, mint and olive oil. Process until pesto consistency.
3. Serve with lime wedges, thinly sliced watermelon radish and red chilli.
Visit our Miguel Maestre hub for more news, recipes and inspiration and relish in a range of his seasonal, internationally-inspired recipes and helpful tips and make your next meal all the more memorable.
- 2 heads cauliflower, white and green
- 5 tbsp Kecap Manis or Sweet Soy
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp flakey salt
- 1 lemon zest and juiced
- 1 bunch coriander, washed roughly chopped
- ½ cup toasted cashews
- ½ bunch Vietnamese mint
- 4 tbsp olive oil
The Best Australia Day Recipes By Miguel Maestre
Miguel Maestres Chocolate Pavlova
Watermelon and Kiwi Ice Blocks
Miguel's Peri Peri BBQ Chicken
Miguel's Seafood BBQ Feast
Miguel's Sticky Soy BBQ Cauliflower Steaks
BBQ lamb kofta and beetroot pita with kale by Miguel Maestre