No Aussie Christmas is complete without seafood. Mix it up and serve your prawns pan-fried with chilli and garlic. Pass the plate and enjoy a snack you can share with old friends, and new.
1. Heat a large frying pan or wok over high heat. Add sesame oil and prawns and cook for 2 minutes each side or until tails start to colour and crisp. Add chilli and garlic to pan and cook, stirring, for a further 1 minute or until fragrant. Add green shallots and soy sauce and cook until soy sauce is almost evaporated.
2. Transfer to a plate, drizzle with pan juices and garnish with lime cheeks. If serving cold, refrigerate for up to 1 day or until serving.
For more Christmas inspiration and recipes, visit www.stockland.com.au/christmas
- 1kg green prawns, peeled, tails-on
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 2 red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 green shallots, finely sliced
- 60ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
- Lime cheeks, to serve