These gooey, decadent pecan brownie cookies are a festive feast for the senses with their deliciously gooey centre, perfectly crisp outer, and crunchy pecan bites. They’ll be at the top of your family and friend’s wish lists after they try them and are bound to earn some extra brownie points with Santa when he visits on Christmas Eve. Why not make an afternoon of it by watching a favourite festive flick while making these tasty treats in under 60 minutes? Count us in!
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°fan) | 350F | gas 4. Grease and line two large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a half-filled saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from heat and leave to cool to one side.
3. Beat the two sugars with the butter in a large mixing bowl until pale and creamy, 2-3 minutes. Beat in the melted chocolate in three parts, mixing well between each addition.
4. Beat in the eggs, one by one, and then mix in the vanilla extract. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and then stir in one-third of the pecans, mixing really well until you have an even cookie dough.
5. Drop generous tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the baking trays, spaced apart. Top with the remaining pecans, gently pressing them into the dough.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes until set and slightly cracked on top. Remove from the oven to wire racks to cool.
7. Serve slightly warm or cool to the touch for a chewier texture.
- 100 g | 2/3 cup dark chocolate, at least 70%cocoa solids, chopped
- 120 g | 1/2 cup golden caster sugar
- 120 g | 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 225 g | 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 small eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 280 g | 2 cups plain flour
- 80 g | 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 110 g | 1 cup pecans, chopped
6 Simple & Tasty Christmas Cookie Recipes
Almond Christmas Cookies
Christmas Ornament Cookies
Decadent Pecan Brownie Cookies
Easy Chocolate and Pecan Nut Cookies with Cherries - Gluten Free
Traditional Christmas Cookies
Vegan Chocolate Cookies for Christmas