For a Christmas cookie recipe that you can quickly whip up and take to work, a backyard barbecue with friends, or the park with your extended family and their little ones, these versatile vegan treats will be your go-to. Stuffed with decadent vegan choc-chips and sprinkled with raw cane sugar, they certainly don’t compromise on taste.
1. In a large bowl, beat together the sugars, salt, and melted coconut oil until well combined. Whisk in the almond milk and vanilla extract.
2. Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda, folding to incorporate. Fold in the chopped dark or milk chocolate. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°fan) | 350F | gas
4. Line two baking trays with grease proof paper. Drop small ice cream scoops of the dough onto the trays, spaced apart.
6. Bake until set and golden at the edges, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to wire rack to cool.
7. In the meantime, melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl in the microwave,cooking on high in 10-second bursts, until melted.
8. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies. Let it set before serving.
Can be frozen
20 cookies, approx.
Prep and cook time:35 min | Chilling time:30 min
- 225 g | 1 cup raw cane sugar
- 150 g | 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, unrefined if possible
- 1 tsp salt
- 225 g | 1 cup raw coconut oil, melted
- 120 ml unsweetened almond milk1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 375 g | 3 cups unbleached plain flour1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g | 2/3 cup vegan dark or milk chocolate, chopped
- 100 g | 2/3 cup vegan white chocolate, chopped
6 Simple & Tasty Christmas Cookie Recipes
Almond Christmas Cookies
Christmas Ornament Cookies
Decadent Pecan Brownie Cookies
Easy Chocolate and Pecan Nut Cookies with Cherries - Gluten Free
Traditional Christmas Cookies
Vegan Chocolate Cookies for Christmas