Combine melted butter, wine, lemon zest and eggs in a large bowl. Add flours and sugar and stir until well combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes to rest dough.
2. Transfer dough to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook and beat on low-speed for 10 minutes or until dough becomes smooth and slightly elastic. Alternatively, knead by hand on a floured surface.
3. Divide dough into 10 pieces. Roll each piece into a 1cm diameter log. Cut each log into 1cm pieces, roughly re-shaping into balls, and transfer to a baking paper-lined tray.
4. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to cover the base of the pan by 2cm. Shallow-fry donut balls in batches, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes or until golden brown, adding more oil when needed. Remove using a metal slotted spoon and transfer to a tray lined with absorbent paper.
5. Bring honey to the boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Cook for 4 minutes or until it 150C on a sugar thermometer or a drop in a glass of hard water hardens. Add cooked donut balls and toss quickly to coat.
6. Place an upturned greased glass or small bowl in the centre of a baking paper lined tray. Quickly spoon donut ball mixture around glass to form a ring shape. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until cold and honey has set. Carefully remove glass and decorate with sugar flowers and sprinkles to serve.
For more Christmas inspiration and recipes, visit www.stockland.com.au/christmas
1 hour 30 minutes
- 165g unsalted butter, melted
- 185ml (3/4 cup) dry white wine
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250g (1 1/3 cups) plain flour
- 250g (1 1/3 cups) self-raising flour
- 75g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- Sunflower oil to shallow fry
- 500g honey
- Flower icing decorations and sprinkles, to decorate
Chilli And Garlic Prawns
Fresh Berry Trifle
Honey Donut Cake
Glazed Roast Veggies
Classic Roast Turkey
Salmon With Sea Salt
Miguel Maestre's Summer Pavlova
Peri Peri BBQ Chicken And Corn
Sweet Potato And Butternut Squash Tart