From a clearly-named stocking to a picture-clad bauble, there’s almost always a little tribute to every loved one on your tree. Represent the furriest member of your family with a DIY doggie paw print ornament. This cute keepsake is simple to make and provides the perfect opportunity to get creative with the kids this holiday season.
1. Preheat the oven to 110 degrees Celsius
2.Mix salt, flour and water together in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
3. Knead until a doughy ball is formed – add more flour to avoid stickiness.
4. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin
5. Use a cup or metal stencil to cut out circles slightly larger than your dog’s paw.
6. Press your dog’s paw into the dough to make a print.
7. Use the end of a straw to push a hole at the top for the ribbon
8. Transfer circles onto a baking tray lined with baking paper
9. Bake for 2-3 hours or until completely dry.
10. Once dry, remove from the oven and use acrylic paint and glitter to decorate.
11. Once the paint has dried, add a ribbon and hang on your tree.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- ½ cup salt
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 cup flour
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Acrylic paint – paintbrush, palette
- Paint Pen/Sharpie