Did you know that Dunder the reindeer is a true-blue Aussie? And she absolutely adores her lamingtons! What’s not to love – soft sponge cake and lashings of chocolate and coconut. Yum! But even though lamingtons are Dunder’s favourite Christmas treat, she knows that the true spirit of the season is all about sharing the love! So why not get the whole family together to create and enjoy these delicious treats. It’s a great Christmas Eve activity that the whole family can partake in. Who knows, it may even become a new tradition!
Find all the ingredients you’ll need at your local Stockland shopping centre and to learn more about how Dunder saved Christmas, check out our video.
1. Place the chocolate, cream, milk and coconut oil in a medium heatproof bowl.
2. Place over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water) and cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Remove bowl from heat.
3. Add icing sugar mixture and stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
4. Cut one of the layered sponges* evenly into 2.5cm squares. Line a baking tray with shredded coconut.
5. Using a fork or skewer, lift one sponge piece. Place over the bowl of chocolate mixture and use a spoon to spoon the chocolate mixture over the sponge to coat, allowing any excess to drip off into the bowl (the mixture should be lukewarm). Toss the sponge in the coconut to cover, pressing gently. Transfer to a baking paper- lined tray or cake rack.
6. Repeat with remaining sponge, chocolate and coconut. Stand or refrigerate for 20 mins until set. Serve at room temperature if preferred.
For more everyday inspiration, updates on the latest fashion trends of 2019 and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
1 hour 30 minutes
- 300g milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup pouring cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 450g double unfilled rectangular sponge*
- 420g shredded coconut