For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 550g self raising flour
- 1 tbsp maldon salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 500g natural greek yoghurt (or local)
- pinch paprika
- 1 zest lemon
- 100g manchego, grated (or any local hard cheese)
- 50g manchego, thickly shaved
- 100g jamon Serrano, thinly sliced, torn apart
- (or any local prosciutto)
- ¼ bunch thyme leaves only
- For the beetroot puree...
- 2 beetroots, peeled and roughly chop
- ½ cup milk
- For the flatbread toppings...
- 1 punnet Fresh heirloom tomatoes, green zebra, black Russian, yellow, kumato, oxheart, yellow
- 200g Jamon Serrano, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle extra virgin olive oil
- 150g Manchego cheese, grated
- flakey salt
- For the BBQ sirloin...
- 400g wagyu sirloin
Mix flour, salt, baking powder, yogurt, paprika, lemon zest, grated manchego and 1 cup beetroot puree in a food processor and mix till combined and dough consistency, add more flour if needed. Fold in shaved manchego, jamon and thyme.
Knead for 2 minutes onto a floured surface.
Cut dough into 10 small pieces, roll out into 10 thin circles. Grill on BBQ hot plate.
Massage with your hands the steak with salt and pepper, allow to reach room temperature.
Cook on BBQ turning every 2 minutes at least 4 times. Set on a chopping board and let it rest for 2 minutes.
Carve steak against the grain thinly and serve on top of flatbread with other garnishes.
Want to try out more of Miguel's recipes?
Miguel Maestre's Kingfish Ceviche
Paella a la Maestre