Just as easy as it is tasty, this bunless burger is a real treat. Adding a pinch of chilli flakes and Tabasco sauce gives this recipe a little punch, but if you’d prefer to keep it mild, it tastes just as good without.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) | 350F | gas 4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. For the patties: Scrunch together the beef mince, onion, chilli flakes (if using), and plenty of seasoning in a large mixing bowl.
3. Divide the mixture into four and shape into thick patties. Arrange on the prepared tray and leave a thumb imprint in the top of each patty.
4. Bake for 20 minutes until golden-brown, turning halfway through cooking. Remove from the oven and cover loosely with aluminium foil.
5. For the guacamole: Pit the avocado, peel, and chop the flesh. Mash in a small bowl with the garlic, lime juice, Tabasco, and seasoning. Add the cherry tomatoes and stir well to combine.
6. To serve: Steam the peas in a steaming basket over a simmering saucepan of water; 3-4 minutes. Remove from the steamer and divide between bowls.
7. Place a cooked patty on each plate and top with a generous tablespoon of the guacamole. Season with more black pepper.
8. Serve with the rocket and peas on the side.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 600 g | 4 cups lean beef mince
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 dash Tabasco
- 150 g | 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 225 g | 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 100 g | 2 cups rocket, washed