Take your tastebuds on an adventure with Jules Sebastian as your official tour guide, talking you through a delicious lamb kofta and fattoush salad recipe. Filled with panko breadcrumbs, fragrant spices, roasted nuts, and herbs – koftas originated from the melting pot of flavours that is the Middle East. And now, you can master the recipe to wow your friends at your next summer barbecue or delight the family for a delicious mid-week dinner.
Plus, a plate of grilled lamb koftas simply wouldn’t be complete without a fattoush salad topped with crumbled feta and toasted pita bread. It really is so simple to create a flavoursome Middle Eastern-inspired dish with the help of Jules Sebastian and some fresh summer produce from your local Stockland.
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a large bowl, combine all kofta ingredients (mince, breadcrumbs, parsley, oregano, onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well using hands to fully combine.
3. Divide mixture into 12, then shape each portion into a kofta shape. Push a skewer through one end of each kofta.
4. Heat a frypan over medium high heat. Cook koftas, turning often until cooked through, for about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
5. Place 2 pita or Lebanese bread rounds onto an oven tray. Brush with oil and sprinkle sumac over each one. Place tray into oven and cook for around 5 minutes or until crispy.
6. Remove from oven and cool. Break into small pieces.
7. Place all salad ingredients (tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, lettuce, shallots, cauliflower, parsley, mint, feta, Lebanese bread, olice oil, sumac) in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
8. In a large serving dish, arrange all salad ingredients and drizzle with dressing mix (garlic, paprika, sumac, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper)..
For more Jules inspired recipes, visit our Jules Sebastian hub.
For more everyday inspiration, updates on the latest trends and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- Kofta mix
- 500g each beef and lamb mince
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped oregano
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon each of cumin and paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fattoush Salad
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ iceberg lettuce, torn
- ½ baby cos, cut in half
- 3 shallots, chopped
- Cauliflower florets
- ½ bunch each of parsley and mint, leaves picked
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 2 pita or Lebanese bread
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 12 skewers (soaked in water for 20 minutes.)
- Lemon wedges, hummus, tzatziki, and beetroot dips to serve.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste