Back to ideas wall
Loaded sweet potato jackets with bean and beetroot tzatziki
Looking for a healthy, mid-week winter meal for the whole family? Try these loaded sweet potato jackets with bean and beetroot tzatziki, from the Stockland Winter of Food magazine.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and rub all over with 2 tbsp oil, season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast until soft to the tip of a knife, for about one hour, turning halfway.
3. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, toss the chickpeas with the remaining 2 tbsp oil, spices, and some salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a rimmed baking tray and spread out in an even layer.
4. After the potatoes have been in the oven for 30 minutes, place the tray with the chickpeas in the oven alongside them. Roast until the chickpeas are crisp and golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
5. Combine the Greek yoghurt, lemon juice, beetroot, half the dill, and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
6. Remove the potatoes and chickpeas from the oven when ready. Let the potatoes cool briefly before cutting in half and carefully opening up with your fingers.
7. Halve, pit, peel, and dice the avocado.
8. Place the sweet potatoes on a platter and fill them with chickpeas and beetroot tzatziki. Top with avocado, yoghurt, the remaining dill, and some mint.
There’s plenty of delicious winter recipe inspiration in the latest issue of Winter of Food, available to pick up for FREE at your local Stockland centre. And be sure to tag us in your creations @stocklandshopping and #foodincommon on Instagram. We love to see what the community is up to this season!
For more everyday inspiration, updates on the latest trends and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
This information has been provided by our Stockland retailers. All reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the information is correct at the time of the content going live. However, no warranty is given as to the accuracy of that information. The information may change from time to time without notice. Stocks are limited and only available while stocks last with individual retailers. Products may vary from location to location. Prices may also change without notice. Please contact our retailers for more information.
1 hour, 25 minutes
- 4 sweet potatoes, pricked all over with a fork 4 tbsp olive oil, divided in half
- 400g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt, plus 4 tbsp extra to serve
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 cooked beetroot, in vinegar, drained and diced
- ½ cup dill, chopped, divided in half
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ⅓ cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper