Think outside the box and add an exotic element to your Christmas feast. Whether you’re far from home or simply looking to spice up your usual spread, try adding a zesty orange glaze to classic roast veggies – your tastebuds will thank you.
1. Preheat oven to 200C fan-forced. Place beetroot and golden beetroot in separate saucepans and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then simmer golden beetroot for 20 minutes and beetroot for 40 minutes or until tender. Drain, peel and set aside.
2. Place carrots, sweet potato wedges and orange segments on a baking tray and toss in half of the olive oil. Cut cooked beetroot into wedges and place on a separate tray with whole golden beetroots. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes then drizzle both trays with honey and reserved orange juice. Scatter with thyme leaves and roast for a further 15 minutes or until a little sticky and glazed. Season with salt and pepper and serve on a platter scattered with rocket leaves and baby sorrel, if desired.
For more Christmas inspiration and recipes, visit www.stockland.com.au/christmas
1 hour 40 minutes
- 2 large beetroot
- 1 bunch golden beetroot (optional)
- 2 bunches Dutch carrots, washed, trimmed (unpeeled)
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into wedges
- 2 oranges, segmented, juice reserved
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 90g (1/4 cup) honey
- 1 tbs thyme leaves
- Rocket leaves and baby sorrel, to serve (optional)