If you are looking for entertaining activity that the whole family can get involved in this weekend, here’s an easy and tasty Oreo Melting Moments recipe that will be sure to satisfy the chocolate lovers in your household.
1. Place the Oreo cookies into a food processor and grind them until they become a fine powdery mixture.
Then add the cream cheese and blend until smooth
2. Now it’s time to let the kids help. Get the kids to pick up portions of the mixture with the table spoons and shape them into medium size balls with their hands. Place the melting moments on the tray as your kids make them and freeze until firm.
3. While you’re waiting, melt the cooking chocolate in a microwavable bowl.
4. Once your Melting Moments have hardened, pierce each one with the BBQ skewers and dunk them in the chocolate sauce. When they are coated, sprinkle the coconut and chocolate sprinkles over the Oreo balls and place them in the freeze for a further 20 minutes before serving.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
20 minutes (excluding freeze times)
- Desiccated Coconut
- Chocolate sprinkles
- 260g pkt of Oreo cookies
- 100g of cream cheese
- 2 pkts cooking chocolate (white and milk)
- Food processor
- Baking tray or plate
- Table spoon/s
- Access to freezer
- Access to microwave
- Microwavable bowls
- BBQ Skewers