1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | 350F | gas 4. Grease four ovenproof tea cups or ramekins with a little butter and arrange on a baking tray.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan set over a medium heat until hot. Whisk in the flour and cook the roux for 2 minutes until blonde in appearance.
3. Gradually whisk in the milk until incorporated. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
4. Whisk in the Parmesan, eg yolk, and some salt and pepper to taste. Continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
5. Crack the eggs into the tea cups. Carefully spoon over the Parmesan sauce before topping with chopped prosciutto.
6. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the eggs are set and the prosciutto is golden-brown and crisp.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool briefly before serving with a garnish of micro salad.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 350 ml whole milk
- 100 g | 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 large egg yolk
- 4 large eggs
- 4 prosciutto slices, chopped
- Micro salad, to garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper