1. Scoop out the pulp and seeds from the passionfruit halves into a bowl. Cover and chill until needed.
2. Transfer the passionfruit shells to a heavy-based saucepan. Cover with water and let soak overnight.
3. The next day, bring the water to the boil over a moderate heat and cook at a steady boil for 30 minutes.
4. Drain the shells and let cool slightly. Scoop out the inner pulp and flesh from the shells and add to the bowl of pulp and seeds from step 1.
5. Transfer the pulp mixture to a large, heavy-based saucepan and stir in 250 ml water, the lemon juice, and the sugar.
6. Bring to the boil over a high heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Continue to boil without stirring until the jam reaches setting point, about 105°C | 221F; use a jam or sugar thermometer to accurately test.
7. When ready, carefully ladle into sterilized, warm mason jars. Seal well and let cool to room temperature in a cool, dark cupboard. Store in the fridge after opening.
For more everyday inspiration, updates on the latest fashion trends of 2018 and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
2 large mason jars or for 24 servings
1 hour + 8 hours soaking time
- 24 passionfruit, washed and cut in half
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 kg | 4 cups caster sugar