Back to ideas wall
Jules Sebastian’s Peach and Almond Galette with Vanilla Bean Mascarpone
Enjoy the sweet, juicy fruits of summer with Jules Sebastian’s peach and almond galette with vanilla bean mascarpone. With zesty ripe peaches, golden buttery pastry, and decadent mascarpone cream, this summer dessert will have them coming back for seconds!
Whether you’ve been invited to an afternoon barbie, have a family dinner, or if you’re wanting to surprise a neighbour who you know has a sweet-tooth – this summer dessert will leave them feeling peachy. And, if you’ve never baked a galette before, fear not! By following Jules’ quick and easy recipe you can create delicious caramelised peaches encased in golden pastry and topped with a dollop of mascarpone in no time at all. Simply drop into your closest Stockland centre to pick up the ingredients (there aren’t many!), take a snap of your baked goodies, and be sure to tag us on Instagram @StocklandShopping and include #StocklandFood so we can see what you’ve made!
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Grease and line a baking tray.
2. Place the puff pastry on a clean surface. Join the two sheets together, overlapping by 3cm, pressing to seal.
3. Transfer to prepared tray.
4. Combine vanilla, sugar and butter in a small bowl. Mix well.
5. Using a pastry brush, brush 1/3 of the butter mix over the pastry, leaving a 3cm border.
6. Layer the peaches down the centre of the pastry, then brush the top of the peaches with the remaining butter mixture and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
7. Bake for 15 – 20 mins or until the patry is puffed and golden.
8. Remove from oven and cool for 5 -10 mins.
9. Meanwhile, using a hand mixer, beat the mascarpone, cream, sweetener/icing sugar and vanilla bean paste until thick.
10. Serve galette warm with mascarpone cream and toasted almond slivers
For more tips and inspiration from stylist, and on-the-go Mum Jules Sebastian, visit stockland.com.au/jules
- 2 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 ripe yellow peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – maybe use vanilla bean here too, as using in cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar/white caster/sweetener – agave nectar/ monk fruit sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- Slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup thickened cream
- ¼ cup sweetener/icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste